I have been practicing in Pune for last 4 years, after spending 5 years in Japan and England where I was fortunate to receive training in the latest techniques in Neurosurgery, including Microscopic Neurosurgery, C.T. and MRI guided Stereotactic Neurosurgery and Neuro Endoscopy which is a major advance in reducing patient morbidity and mortality significantly. Here are a few areas that I have worked for
- Purely Endoscopic Neurosurgery
Ventriculo Cisternostomies are suggested for one third of the instances of Hydrocephalus requiring surgical treatment.
- Biopsy of Tumour
- Treating Colloid Cyst
- Marsupilization of Arachnoid Cyst
- Endoscopically Assisted Micro Neurosurgery
- Clipping of Aneurysm
- For Tumour Surgery
- Trans-sphenoidal Pituitary Surgery
- Optic Nerve Decompression
- Magnetic resonance Angiography
- MRA is relatively new non invasive technique in which signal from flowing blood is highlighted.
- M R Angiography (MRA) may be defined as the depiction and characterization of blood vessels and blood flow by magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Intervention for AVM & Fistulas
- CCF / Carotico – Cavernous Fistula
- Histacril Glue embolization of AVM
- Prior to surgical intervention- Cirsoid Aneurysm, embolization